GTA SA Tutorials – How to merge two effectsPC.txd and effects.fxp
I posted this tutorials because of my friend request, then I posted about how to merge / combine two effectsPC.txd and effects.fxp. But before, i will explain what is effectsPC.txd and effects.fxp. EffectsPC.txd is a file that contains many texture of the particle that used in the game. Effects.fxp is the file that contains settings, how the particle work/appear in the game. It set the particle colour, position, size, rotation and many more. So, if you want to edit the effects texture, you can only edit effectsPC.txd. But if you want to edit both texture and how it appear in the game, you need to edit both effectsPC.txd and effects.fxp. Many mods on the web add a new particle on the game. If there’s many mods that add new particle on the game, How could it works together?? You need to merge the effects that used on the mod with yours.
Well, this is how to merge both effects
Read it first
!!!MAKE BACKUP FIRST!!!
first effects.fxp = the main effects.fxp (where two effects will merge here)
first effectsPC.txd = the main effectsPC.txd (where two particle will merge here)
second effects.fxp = the secondary effects.fxp (where new effects taken)
second effectsPC.txd = the secondary effectsPC.txd (where new particle taken)
1. Open first effects.fxp in models folder using notepad
2. Go to the end of the line
3. There should be “FX_PROJECT_DATA_END:“
4. Give two [enter] above that line, so there’re three line-spaces, and place the cursor on the middle
5. Now, Open second effects.fxp which has the effect that you want to be merge with the last one
6. Find the effects name that you want to merge, e.g. “fire_med“
7. After you found it, there should be “FX_SYSTEM_DATA:” above it
8. Select it, move the cursor down ’till you found “TXDNAME: NOTXDSET“. So, you will select it from “FX_SYSTEM_DATA:” untill “TXDNAME: NOTXDSET“
9. Copy it, then paste on the first effects.fxp (on the middle between 3 line-spaces, at the end of file)
10. Then save it.
1. Open the first effectsPC.txd
2. Click Image > New > 32 BPP
3. Doubleclick on the new image, Apply “Alpha is used“
4. Click Import, choose the image that you’ve Export before
5. Then rename it just like on the second effectsPC.txd (should be same with the second effectsPC.txd)
6. Apply “compressed” if necessary
7. Save TXD
If you follow it, you should be able to merge the effects. Just keep trying
Sorry for bad tutorial and my english
Tutorial by ADVDI
Posted on June 22, 2011, in Games, GTA SA Modding, Tips and Trick and tagged edit effects gta sa, effects.fxp, effectsPC.txd, game, games, gta, gta sa, gta sa edit effects, gta sa tutorial, gta san andreas, mod, modding, notepad, Tips, tool, tools, trick, trik, tutorial, tutorial mod gta sa, TXD Workshop. Bookmark the permalink. 35 Comments.